Sunday, May 20, 2007

And more ...

Yesterday I bought a backpack and a sleeping bag. The sleeping bag is because a) it makes me feel self-sufficient and tough and b) it gets cold on the bus at night.

Last time I took a cross-country train trip I wound up buying a $27 Amtrak blanket. The blanket was white and by the end of the trip it looked like hell. It also wasn't all that warm.

But I'm nervous about sleeping bags. I have a checkered history with them. In high school I was always the kid with the enormous puffy sleeping bag that could not easily be attached to anything or even contained. It was always coming undone in the middle of some walk, and by the end I was cradling it in my arms. After that, I pretty much gave up on the whole sleeping bag concept.

2 comments:

Octopus Grigori said...

I wish this were more of a dialogue.

chanchow said...

bon voyage, thirty day bus pass lady! don't forget about us.